Come celebrate the creation of the Rideau Canal UNESCO World Heritage Site and Bytown, now known as Ottawa, Canada’s Capital! Enjoy ‘edu-taining’ experiences by the scenic Ottawa Locks just east of Parliament Hill.
In 2016, Bytown Days starts July 30th and wraps up August 1st with the 21st annual Colonel By Day. This year’s event will celebrate the workers who laboured to build the Canal, their families, and their lives – lived and lost.
Let Ottawa’s premier heritage celebration be your PASTport to By-gone days!
- ‘Ceilidh’ music & dance celebration (Saturday evening)
- Heritage talks & guided tours (Sunday)
- Colonel By Day festivities (Monday) including costumed characters, FREE interactive activities, entertainment, demonstrators and exhibitors
- Guided Voyageur Canoe rides
- Boats locking through the Canal
- First Nations activities
- Food and beverage
- Many scenic and fun photo opportunities
July 30, 2016 – August 1, 2016 | Ottawa Locks, Rideau Canal